It is hard enough to deal with your own car insurance company following an accident. Imagine the hassle associated with dealing with the insurance provider of the person who actually caused the accident.
You will be faced with many challenges, all of which need to be dealt with accordingly if you want to put this behind you once and for all.
Here are some situations you may have to overcome:
- The at-fault driver’s insurance company may tell you they aren’t paying a dime. It is much easier (and cheaper) for this company to push everything off on you and your insurer. You have to make a big decision: will you fight the other party’s insurance company, or will you simply deal with your own provider?
Note: let your insurance company know what is going on, as they can step in and handle this process for you.
- An at-fault driver who lies. Most people do whatever it takes to deny fault. They don’t want to be blamed for an accident, as this means their insurance premium will increase. Furthermore, this person’s insurance company is likely to take their side as they don’t want to pay your claim.
- Injuries in relation to the accident. Some car accidents are so serious that you may be injured. Even if you only suffer a minor injury, this will bring additional challenges to your life. Not only do you have to obtain treatment for the injury, but you are required to pay for related medical bills. It won’t be long before you realize that somebody else should be responsible for these bills, not you.
There are just a few of the many challenges you may face after a car accident that is not your fault. If you are stuck, searching for answers, and unsure of where to turn, don’t sit back and get pushed around any longer. Contact us to learn more about your legal rights.
- Spring Summit 2022: Celebrating Friendship in the Lone Star State - June 15, 2022
- What Makes a Will or Trust Invalid - June 2, 2022
- How Estate Planning Documents Help Prevent Elder Abuse - May 26, 2022