Nobody wants to be involved in a car accident. Not only does this mean damage to your vehicle, but more importantly, it could lead to serious injury or even death.
No two motor vehicle accidents are identical. However, some types of injuries are more common than others. Here are the common types of car accident injuries that you should be most aware of:
- Head and back injuries. These are among the most serious types, as they can impact you now as well as for the rest of your life. From a mild concussion to traumatic brain injuries, it is important to receive immediate medical attention.
- Neck and chest injuries. For example, whiplash is a well known and common type of car accident injury. This often times occurs when one vehicle strikes another from behind.
- Broken bones. Any bone in the body can be broken during a car accident. Even if a bone does not break, it could be fractured.
- Other injuries. There are other miscellaneous injuries to be aware of, including but not limited to severed limbs, torn ACL, burns, and abrasions. All of these can be treated by an experienced medical team, so don’t delay in seeking assistance.
Don’t Push Yourself
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, especially one in which there is not a lot of damage, you may feel you are okay to leave the scene under your own power. This is not always true.
Even if you feel okay immediately after an accident, it does not mean you avoided injury. Head injuries, for example, may not set in for several hours. This is why it is best to be evaluated by a doctor regardless of how you feel.
At some point, once all your health concerns are taken care of, it may make sense to speak with a personal injury attorney. We have helped many people better understand their rights and receive compensation for all types of injuries.
- The Toll of Serving as Fiduciary - May 11, 2022
- Just When You Thought You Understood the 10-Year Rule, Think Again - May 5, 2022
- Business Succession Planning May Be Easier than You Think - May 2, 2022