What are my injuries from a car accident worth? The easy answer to what your personal injury case is worth is what will the insurance company pay or, if your case goes to trial, what will the judge or jury award. Since most of car accident injury cases settle before trial I will focus on how insurance companies value cases.
We have all heard stories about people getting paid lots of money for no injuries. I can tell you that, if an insurance company is paying a person a large sum of money, they were either injured or the case was so compelling that the insurance company was worried that a judge or jury would award even more money if the case went to trial. There are very few cases, if any, where insurance companies pay large sums of money to people who are not injured.
What your personal injury case is worth depends upon a number of factors:
- Was there property damage to the vehicle that you were in when you were injured? More damage can mean more money.
- Did an ambulance take you to an emergency room from the accident scene or did you go see a doctor a week after the accident? Again, the more immediate and urgent the medical care the more compensation.
- Are the majority of your medical bills diagnostic testing or treatment for pain and discomfort? Surgery or therapy makes your case worth more than expensive testing life MRI’s.
These are just some examples of what insurance companies look for in valuing cases. No two cases are alike. However, if you have been injured in an accident and have questions about your case, the value of your case or whether there are benefits to having an experienced personal injury attorney represent you, please contact us for a no cost, no obligation consultation. Generally we take these cases on a contingency fee basis which means that we receive no pay for our services unless and until there is a recovery.
In the Madison area call (608) 824-8540, in the Baraboo area (608) 356-3961, statewide call (866) 455-2993, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our website at https://khtlawyers.com for more information. We listen, we care, we get results!
- What You Need to Know About SECURE Act 2.0 - March 30, 2023
- Show Your Love by Creating an Estate Plan - March 15, 2023
- What Happens When You Don’t Trust Your Trustee – Part II - March 7, 2023