If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, there is a good chance you will be making an insurance claim in the near future.
Tip: this may be important, but your health comes first. Don’t worry about contacting your insurance agent if you are injured and in need of treatment.
Making a car insurance claim can be simple if you know what to expect. Of course, a lot of this has to do with your agent and whether or not he or she is willing to provide a high level of service.
Even though each claim is unique, most companies follow the same basic guidelines. Here are the five steps you can expect to take:
- Contact your insurance company to discuss the accident.
- Review your policy coverage.
- Have your vehicle inspected for damage.
- Receive an estimate of the damages.
- Settle the claim.
Sounds easy enough, right? Well, this all depends on the situation. For example, a minor fender bender in which you were struck from behind may be simple for all parties to handle. However, if you were involved in a more serious accident, such as one in which you were injured, things aren’t always as cut and dry.
If you know what to expect when making a car insurance claim, nothing will surprise you.
Do you get the feeling that your insurance company is trying to take advantage of you? Are they neglecting to pay? In this case, you don’t want to sit back and let things happen. You need to be proactive in getting the compensation you deserve.
There may come a point when you need to contact a car accident attorney. By doing so, you can get somebody on your side who can fight for your rights. This goes a long way in ensuring that you are treated fairly.
- How Estate Planning for a Family May Trap the Unwary Practitioner - September 21, 2022
- What Everyone Should Know about the New FDIC Regulations - September 13, 2022
- The Inflation Reduction Act - September 8, 2022