- You have been injured in a motor vehicle accident
- A loved one, such as a child or spouse, has been injured in a motor vehicle accident
Either way, you’re in a difficult spot and are seeking help. Here’s the good thing: a Madison car accident lawyer can step in to answer your questions, provide advice, and make sure that your legal rights are protected at all times.
Unfortunately, a car accident has a way of causing a variety of serious injuries. As a result, the victim is required to receive immediate medical attention while also following through with an advanced treatment plan.
Here are some of the most common car accident injuries:
- Broken bones. Due to the impact of a crash, there’s a very good chance that a person could end up with one or more broken bone. From the arms to the legs, any bone is in danger of breaking.
- This typically comes into play in the event of a rear end collision. If one vehicle hits another from behind, the person or people in the lead vehicle could suffer this type of soft tissue injury to the neck and back.
- There is always the chance that your head could be jarred around or struck by an object during a car accident. If this happens, the potential for a concussion or another type of traumatic brain injury is high.
- This may not sound like the most serious car accident injury, but deep lacerations must be treated immediately and in the appropriate manner. You don’t want to lose too much blood following a car accident. Also, you hope to avoid long term scarring, especially if the lacerations are on your face.
- Torn ligaments. Just the same as broken bones, you could tear a variety of ligaments in a car accident. Some of the most common are located in the knees and ankles.
Let’s face it: any type of injury is one that will scare you. This is even more so the case if you are in extreme pain.
Here are the three things you should do after a car accident:
- Call for help. You need police and an ambulance to arrive on the scene as quickly as possible. The sooner this happens the better off you will be. There is nothing more important than receiving immediate medical attention. Tip: if you are unable to personally call for help, ask that somebody else, such as a witness, does so on your behalf.
- Follow the advice of your medical team. Once you receive treatment, you’ll have a better idea of where you stand in regards to your injuries. Your medical team can explain what’s happening and the steps you need to take to make a full recovery.
- Consult with a Madison car accident lawyer. Your health is always top priority, but there will come a time when you need to speak with a legal professional about what happened. Provide as much information as possible, focusing on the details that will allow your attorney to better understand what happened. Along with this, answer any and all questions as thoroughly and as accurately as possible.
Note: don’t share any information with any insurance company unless you know exactly what you are doing. It would be in your best interest to first consult with a Madison car accident lawyer. This way, you don’t risk saying something that works against you.
No two car accidents are the same. For this reason, there is no way of knowing what type of injury you may suffer if you’re involved in a collision.
It’s always better to be safe than sorry. So, even if you don’t think you have suffered an injury, you should still visit a local hospital for an examination.
From there, let a Madison car accident lawyer takeover. At our law firm, we have many years experience helping people who have been injured in a motor vehicle accident. Contact us online or via phone to discuss your case and which steps to take next.
- Spring Summit 2022: Celebrating Friendship in the Lone Star State - June 15, 2022
- What Makes a Will or Trust Invalid - June 2, 2022
- How Estate Planning Documents Help Prevent Elder Abuse - May 26, 2022