When it comes time to create an estate plan, there is nothing more important than ensuring that you don’t overlook a single detail. Remember, one mistake now could cause your family a lot of trouble in the future.
While many people focus most their time and attention on financial decisions, including who will receive their assets when they pass on, there is something else to consider: a living will. This should be part of your estate plan.
If you are unfamiliar with a living will, these three benefits will clear the air and help you understand why it is so important to your future:
- Peace of mind. With this in place, you know your medical wishes will be followed even if you are unable to make decisions on your own.
- Help your family. There is nothing worse than the thought of your family having to make difficult medical decisions on your behalf. With a living will, you don’t have to be worried about putting your loved ones in a difficult position. Instead, they will know what you expect and how to carry it out.
- A better future. Let’s face it: most people hope their living will never comes into play. Even so, it is better to be safe than sorry. A living will allows you to move forward with your life, knowing that this part of your estate plan is in place. Note: there may come a point when you want to change your living will, so be sure to review it from time to time.
Now that you understand the benefits of a living will, now that you know why you need this to be part of your estate plan, you can get started. If you have questions or need assistance along the way, reach out to us for help. We will make sure all the most important details are in place.
- What You Need to Know About SECURE Act 2.0 - March 30, 2023
- Show Your Love by Creating an Estate Plan - March 15, 2023
- What Happens When You Don’t Trust Your Trustee – Part II - March 7, 2023