As you begin your search for an estate planning attorney in Madison Wisconsin, you may be tempted to hire the first person with an informative website who is willing to meet with you. Before you make this decision, however, you should answer this question: is the person a member of the american of estate planning attorneys?
Believe it or not, many people never address this question when looking to hire this type of legal professional. Instead, they hope for the best.
In short, when you hire a member of the american academy of estate planning attorneys you know that the person is qualified to provide you with the service you require.
The American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys is an exclusive national organization dedicated to estate planning law. This organization has some of the top legal experts in America who are watching the ever changing estate planning law for its members and coming up with cutting edge approaches.
Is it easy for an attorney to to maintain his/her membership in this organization? While you may think this is as simple as completing an application, nothing could be further from the truth. There are strict rules and regulations in place, along with a variety of qualifications that must be met. These include:
- Legal Education. Attorney must complete 36 hours of continuing legal education in estate planning each year.
- Involvement. Attorney’s application must be approved by the Academy before being accepted as a Member.
- Integrity. Attorney must be in good standing in all states in which they are licensed.
- Licensure. Attorney must be licensed to practice in at least one state.
The Academy and its membership has been endorsed by many reputable sources, such as Consumer Report, Money Magazine, and much more. You should now understand why it makes more sense to consider a member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys as your estate planning attorney in Madison Wisconsin. Others may be able to meet your needs, but Academy Members have taken another step to ensure that you are confident in their abilities.
Krueger Hernandez & Thompson SC makes putting together an estate plan for you and your family as easy as possible. We know this is something that you have thought about for a long time. We are honored to be a part of the process for you. Call us today to schedule your Free estate planning consultation at 608-824-9540 or go to https://khtlawyers.com.
- Spring Summit 2022: Celebrating Friendship in the Lone Star State - June 15, 2022
- What Makes a Will or Trust Invalid - June 2, 2022
- How Estate Planning Documents Help Prevent Elder Abuse - May 26, 2022