As the name suggests, an elder law attorney is a legal professional who works in the field of elder law. They have in-depth knowledge of the senior population, along with targeted legal experience and knowledge.
Despite the fact that every elder law attorney is different, most cover all aspects of planning, education, and counseling for clients.
Common Legal Issues
Are you on the fence as to whether or not you should contact an elder law attorney? Here are some of the most common legal issues these professionals deal with:
- Estate planning
- Personal care and health planning, such as living wills, trusts, and powers of attorney
- Retirement and employment matters
- Nursing home claims
As you can see, elder law encompasses a variety of topics, many of which are associated with planning for the later years of life.
How to Choose an Elder Law Attorney in Madison Wisconsin
Now that you know what an elder law attorney has to offer, before you can do anything else you have to find a local professional who is willing to provide you with the service you require.
Here are three questions to ask as you attempt to find the right attorney:
1. How much experience do you have working with people in a similar situation?
2. Do you devote all of your practice and time to elder law, or is this only a small portion of what you do?
3. Do you have availability in your schedule to meet with me to discuss my situation?
By asking these types of questions, you can quickly learn more about an elder law attorney, including whether they have what it takes to provide you with the appropriate level of service.
If you think you need to hire an elder law attorney, there is a good chance that you are right. The only way to know for sure, however, is to contact a local professional to discuss your current situation. From there, they can tell you how they can provide assistance.
Hiring an elder law attorney in Madison Wisconsin is not the right decision for everybody, but many find that this is the best way to get the help they have been looking for. Contact us at your earliest convenience to learn more about what we have to offer. From there, you will feel more comfortable about what the future holds. Go to KH-LAW.net to schedule your free consultation.
- What You Need to Know About SECURE Act 2.0 - March 30, 2023
- Show Your Love by Creating an Estate Plan - March 15, 2023
- What Happens When You Don’t Trust Your Trustee – Part II - March 7, 2023
By Appointment Only
All Mail Should be Directed to the Middleton Address