When meeting with an elder law attorney in Baraboo for the first time, you have the right to ask any question that may be on your mind. Remember, this is your time to learn more about the professional, including whether or not he or she is right for you and your situation.
Since you want to make the most of your time, stick with questions that are on topic.
Here are five questions to ask an elder law attorney:
1. Can you explain the many ways you can help me? Even though you visited an elder law attorney for a reason, you want this person to explain how they can assist you now and in the future.
2. Are you a member of the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys? You want to find somebody who is a member of a professional organization, such as the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys (AAEPA).
3. Do you have experience with people in a similar position? It goes without saying that it is important to find an elder law attorney who is experienced and knowledgeable in the area in which you require assistance.
4. Do you have the availability in your schedule to meet my needs in the near future? Some elder law attorneys are busier than others, so they may not be able to provide you with immediate assistance. If you are in a hurry, which you probably are, you are better off finding an attorney who will not make you wait.
5. How familiar are you with state laws? Laws differ from one state to the next, so it is a must that you find an attorney with experience in your home state.
Are you looking for answers to these questions? Do you have others on your mind? If so, contact us at your earliest convenience. We are more than happy to discuss your needs and help you plan for the future.
- What You Need to Know About SECURE Act 2.0 - March 30, 2023
- Show Your Love by Creating an Estate Plan - March 15, 2023
- What Happens When You Don’t Trust Your Trustee – Part II - March 7, 2023