Is there a benefit of having an attorney? Recently, I was negotiating a settlement for a personal injury client and my client made a comment along the lines of “so I didn’t really need to have an attorney”? I am sure this was said out of frustration with the insurance company and their low evaluation of her claim; however, it made me think about everything we do for our personal injury clients.
Here are just a few things that we do for our clients:
- We find all available insurance coverage to make sure that there is enough money to pay damages for our client’s injury.
- We make sure that our client’s medical expenses are paid from all available sources to avoid problems with treatment and bill collectors.
- In cases where there is not enough insurance coverage to pay for medical expenses we work with the health care providers so that they do not turn the bills over to collection agencies and we pay them at the end of the case when we receive money for our clients.
- We make sure to provide the insurance company with the necessary information so that they properly value the case. This means more money, sooner for our client.
- We negotiate with insurance companies so that we get the maximum amount of money for our clients.
- When the case settles we negotiate with insurance companies who have subrogation claims (a topic that will be covered in another blog) so that the client nets the maximum recovery.
- Finally, we make sure that all people who are claiming a right to any of our client’s settlement are paid and sign the necessary documents so they don’t come after our clients in the future.
After I spent some time thinking about what our client had said I quickly realized that there is a benefit of having an attorney and the client was much better off having us as her attorneys and that there was no doubt in my mind that we were able to maximize her recovery far beyond what she would have received if she had not had our help.
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident of any kind whether by motor vehicle, motorcycle, truck or while on the premises of another please contact me for a no cost, no obligation consultation. If we accept your case we generally are paid on a contingency fee basis which means that we do not receive any compensation unless and until there is a recovery.
In the Madison area call (608) 824-8540, in the Baraboo area (608) 356-3961, statewide call (866) 455-2993, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our website at https://khtlawyers.com for more information. We listen, we care, we get results!