Estate planning, just the same as buying life insurance, has a way of making you look at the world in a different light. If you take the right approach, you will find yourself on the right track in no time. Conversely, the wrong approach can bring trouble to you and your loved ones.
Here are some of the many reasons why estate planning can cause so much trouble:
- No plan in place. This is the biggest mistake you can make, as the lack of an estate plan all but guarantees trouble for your heirs once you pass on.
- Do it yourself approach. Creating an estate plan is not the same as painting your home or taking on a craft project. This is one of the most important things you will ever do, so it needs to be treated as such. This typically means hiring a professional, such as an estate planning attorney, to provide assistance.
- Basic approach. There is nothing wrong with keeping things simple, but that doesn’t mean you want to sell yourself short. An example of this would be creating a basic will when some type of trust is what you should really be thinking about. Start with the basics but don’t be afraid to learn more about your other options.
These are just a few of the many reasons why estate planning can cause so much trouble. It doesn’t have to be this way. In fact, it can be simple and straightforward if you know what you are doing and are willing to make some tough decisions.
If you are concerned about estate planning trouble, if you don’t know what you are doing, there is help to be had. We assist people, just like you, with creating an estate plan that suits their every need. Soon enough, you will be confident in your plan and happy that you have this figured out.
- What You Need to Know About SECURE Act 2.0 - March 30, 2023
- Show Your Love by Creating an Estate Plan - March 15, 2023
- What Happens When You Don’t Trust Your Trustee – Part II - March 7, 2023
By Appointment Only
All Mail Should be Directed to the Middleton Address