Even if you are seriously injured, your first instinct may be to assess the situation and try to handle everything that comes your way. Depending on your injuries, this is not always the best idea.
Do you Need Medical Attention?
There are times when symptoms of a serious injury immediately move to the forefront. There are also times when symptoms are not immediately visible. If for any reason you believe you need immediate medical attention, don’t hesitate to call for an ambulance.
Note: if you are unable to call for emergency help, have somebody else do so for you.
In addition to pain, pay close attention to any dizziness or numbness. This can occur immediately following an accident or several days down the road.
The reasons to seek medical attention after a car accident are two-fold:
- Your health is more important than anything else. The longer you go without medical attention the greater chance there is that your problem will worsen.
- Waiting too long can make it difficult to prove that injuries were sustained during the accident. This will work against you in the event of a lawsuit or insurance claim.
Tip: if possible, take pictures of any injuries you have sustained. This can include anything that is visible, such as burns and scrapes. Furthermore, don’t forget to document your pain and symptoms, while also collecting all reports and notes from your medical team.
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, there is nothing more important than seeking medical attention. It is imperative that your health is your top priority. From there, you can begin to consider your legal options. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at your earliest convenience.
- What You Need to Know About SECURE Act 2.0 - March 30, 2023
- Show Your Love by Creating an Estate Plan - March 15, 2023
- What Happens When You Don’t Trust Your Trustee – Part II - March 7, 2023