While there is no denying the importance of focusing solely on the road while driving, you need to know what is going on around you as well. This may mean pinpointing somebody who could be driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
As you know, driving under the influence increases the chance of an accident. For this reason, you want to keep a safe distance between yourself and the driver who appears to be intoxicated.
Here are seven ways to spot a drunk driver:
- Making wide turns.
- Ignoring the rules of the road, such as speeding or going through red lights and stop signs.
- Almost hitting another object, such as a vehicle or curb.
- Drifting from one lane to the other.
- Erratic braking.
- Driving extremely slow.
- Driving on the wrong side of the road.
These are just a few of the many things to look for if you believe a driver is impaired.
What Should you do?
Once you realize that somebody may be driving under the influence, the most important thing is that you keep a safe distance (as noted above). From there, don’t hesitate to call 911. You should not feel bad about doing so, as this decision can benefit both the impaired driver as well as everybody else on the road at the same time.
Even if you know how to spot a drunk driver, it doesn’t mean you will necessarily be able to avoid an accident with such a person. If you are injured by a drunk driver, you should consider your legal options as soon as possible. There is a lot to think about, so don’t hesitate to contact us for professional advice.
- The Toll of Serving as Fiduciary - May 11, 2022
- Just When You Thought You Understood the 10-Year Rule, Think Again - May 5, 2022
- Business Succession Planning May Be Easier than You Think - May 2, 2022