In the past, we have discussed the regularity of motorcycle accidents. Every year, thousands of people are killed and injured in these types of accidents.
While there are things you can do to prevent an accident, such as following all the rules of the road, you never know when another driver will make a decision that puts you in a dangerous position.
Wearing the right protective gear can go a long way in keeping you safe. The question is: what type of gear is best? While there is no definite answer to this question, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- You need a high quality, highly rated motorcycle helmet. Not only do you need this, but you should wear it every time you take to the road. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, helmets saved more than 19,000 lives between 1984 and 2006.
- Protect the rest of your body. You probably understand the importance of wearing a helmet. You should also understand the importance of protecting the rest of your body. This can mean many different things. For example, a good pair of leather pants can act as a layer of protection in the event of a collision with the road. The same holds true for gloves.
- It only works if you wear it. It is one thing to purchase protective gear. It is another thing entirely to wear it every time you jump on your bike. Just because you are taking a short trip doesn’t mean you should leave your protective gear at home. Wear everything you have at all times.
Were you or a loved one injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another driver? While most of your focus should be on treatment, don’t overlook the fact that you may be able to file a lawsuit to obtain compensation. We are available to answer your questions and provide you with the help you need during this difficult time.
- What You Need to Know About SECURE Act 2.0 - March 30, 2023
- Show Your Love by Creating an Estate Plan - March 15, 2023
- What Happens When You Don’t Trust Your Trustee – Part II - March 7, 2023