Thousands of people are injured in car accidents every year, which is unavoidable given our need to travel via automobile.
Automobile Accidents in Baraboo Wisconsin
If you have been injured in a car accident in Baraboo, Wisconsin, there are three main steps you should take.
1. Receive immediate medical attention. Above all else, this is the most important thing you can do. You should never attempt to leave the scene of an accident, under your own power, unless you are 100 percent confident that you have not been injured. Law enforcement officials or witnesses can contact an ambulance on your behalf (if you are unable to do so), ensuring that you get the medical treatment you need.
2. Don’t talk to any insurance company. At some point, you will find yourself faced with inquiries from your insurance company as well as the insurance provider of others involved in the accident. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is speaking with an insurance professional, even your own agent. Doing so could jeopardize your chance of receiving compensation for your injuries in the future. Just tell the insurance company that you are not willing to speak with them at the present time.
3. Contact an experienced, knowledgeable Baraboo personal injury attorney. You need somebody on your side who can protect your rights while also helping you receive the compensation you deserve.
Once you have an attorney working on your behalf, you don’t have to concern yourself with making any wrong decisions. Your attorney will take the lead, telling you what you should and should not be doing, while also communicating with others, such as insurance companies, on your behalf. Not all car accidents entitle you to receive money for injuries and other damages (such as lost wages). However, you will never know for sure until you contact a personal injury attorney who can review your case and help you decide which steps to take next.
Your health is more important than anything else. If you are injured in a car accident, regardless of who is at fault, you should receive immediate medical attention. From there, let an attorney answer your questions and handle anything else that comes up. Krueger Hernandez & Thompson SC levels the playing field between you and large insurance companies and will fight to ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve. We are Real Lawyers for Real People. Visit our Website at KH-Law.NET to schedule your FREE appointment and download a Free Personal Injury Survival kit.
- Spring Summit 2022: Celebrating Friendship in the Lone Star State - June 15, 2022
- What Makes a Will or Trust Invalid - June 2, 2022
- How Estate Planning Documents Help Prevent Elder Abuse - May 26, 2022