There are many different injuries that can result from a car accident.
The type of injuries suffered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to:
- The speed at which the vehicles were moving
- Where the cars collided (front, side, rear)
- Whether or not the person was wearing a seatbelt
- Whether or not the airbags were inflated
Here are some of the most common car accident injuries:
1. Soft tissue. This includes ligaments, muscles, and tendons. As the most common type of injury in a vehicle accident, this is something anybody involved in a crash should be aware of.
2. Scrapes and abrasions. From minor scrapes to deep cuts, there is always the possibility of this type of injury. In the event of a car accident, many items will be thrown around, along with the potential for the windows to break. When this happens, scrapes, abrasions, and cuts are common.
3. Head and brain injuries. This is one of the most serious types of car accident injuries, as it can leave a person dealing with medical problems for the rest of his or her life.
Some head and brain injuries are more serious than others, but every type must be checked out without delay.
Note: some of these injuries are not physically present at first, such as bleeding in the brain, but can quickly become a problem.
4. Chest injuries. The faster the vehicles are moving the better chance there is of a chest injury. These typically include bruises and contusions, but in more serious cases can entail internal injuries or broken bones.
When a person is thrown about during an accident, such as if they are hit from behind, there is a good chance of a chest injury.
Some injuries are apparent following a vehicle accident, but others remain dormant, often times for many weeks or longer.
It is essential to receive medical attention immediately following an accident. Along with this, you should never ignore any symptoms that come to the forefront in the days following.
If you have suffered any of these common car accident injuries, contact us to discuss your situation and to determine if filing a personal injury lawsuit is possible. Go to KH-LAW.net to schedule your Free consultation.
- Neither Age Nor Health Determines Whether You Need an Estate Plan - January 19, 2022
- Tax Planning for 2022 - January 12, 2022
- The Questions of Estate Planning, Part 6: Why - January 6, 2020