Every year throughout the state of Wisconsin, there are motorcycle accidents that lead to serious injury and fatalities. Despite the fact that there are laws in place to keep these drivers safe, there is no guarantee that this will always happen.
Wisconsin motorcycle accidents occur for a variety of reasons. For example, this is often times due to the negligence of another driver. From speeding to not sharing the road, there are many things that can cause an accident.
Note: motorcycle accidents can also be the result of a defective motorcycle or a problem with the roadway.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has shared tips that can help motorcyclists remain safer:
- Drive defensively at all times
- Wear a helmet (this greatly reduces the chance of being killed in the event of an accident)
- Wear other protective gear, including gloves, boots, and jackets (leather is best)
- Be aware of blind spots of trucks and cars, and never stay in this area for too long
- Never share a lane of traffic with another vehicle (motorcycles included)
- Never ride between traffic lanes, but instead pick one or the other
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to receive medical treatment without delay. While some injuries can be taken care of immediately, others will require long term attention.
Once you are stabilized, it is time to contact a Wisconsin motorcycle accident attorney. We have many years of experience assisting those who have been injured in this type of accident (among others). With complex state laws, it is best to have an attorney on your side from the start. If you don’t, you could find yourself agreeing to something, such as an insurance settlement, that is not in your best interest.
There are many dangers associated with motorcycle accidents, regardless of where the incident occurs. If you have been injured in such an accident, let us be your shoulder to lean on. We are here to help you every step of the way. Go to KH-LAW.NET today to schedule your free consultation.