Have you been involved in an accident in which you sustained an injury that is having a negative impact on one or more areas of your life? If so, you should consult with a personal injury attorney who can help you decide if you have a case.
It is your job to provide your attorney with as much information as possible. From the circumstances surrounding your accident to the extent of your injuries, the more information you can share the better off you are going to be.
Once your attorney has all the appropriate information, he can or she can provide a basic idea of what your case is worth. Along with this, you can discuss whether or not you have a realistic chance of collecting the money from the insurance company.
At some point, you need to discuss your settlement goals. This will give your attorney a clear idea of what you are hoping to accomplish. Some of the most common goals include the following:
- Obtain a certain amount of money for you in the shortest period of time possible
- Obtain a larger amount than what the insurance company is likely to offer, all the while doing so in a time efficient manner
- Obtain as much money as possible, no matter what or how long it takes (this often times means that you will not settle out of court)
What is Best for you?
While you may have an idea of what you want your personal injury attorney to accomplish, remember this: your legal team knows the ins and outs of the law. You should rely on them to guide you, providing information on what would be best for your situation.
When you trust your attorney to make all the right decisions, you will feel comfortable taking his or her advice and moving forward without delay.
At some point, you must discuss settlement goals with your personal injury attorney. We have many years of experience working with people in your position, so we have seen everything along the way. No matter your goals, we are here to help. Contact us to setup a free initial consultation. Soon enough, we will be discussing your goals and devising a plan for getting started. Go to KH-LAW.Net to schedule your consultation or download your Free Personal Injury Survival Kit.
- Neither Age Nor Health Determines Whether You Need an Estate Plan - January 19, 2022
- Tax Planning for 2022 - January 12, 2022
- The Questions of Estate Planning, Part 6: Why - January 6, 2020