Have you or a loved one been injured in a truck accident in Madison? If so, there are many parties who may be liable for your losses. Of course, it is not uncommon for these parties to deny liability, hoping that you go away and deal with the situation on your own.
With the help of a Madison truck accident attorney, you never have to worry about being taken advantage of. Instead, your legal team can do all of the following after an accident:
- Interview witnesses
- Collect any camera footage that may be available
- Analyze medical records
- Review police and accident reports
- Consult with experts who can recreate the accident scene
Who is Liable for your Injuries?
The answer to this question depends on many factors, including the circumstances surrounding your accident. Here are some of the parties who could be liable for the accident:
- Truck driver
- Truck driver’s employer
- The company leasing the truck
- The owner of the truck
- Manufacturer of the truck and/or trailer
Once again, your attorney can review your situation and decide who is responsible for the accident. At that point, they will know where to turn when filing a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf.
Truck Accidents can be Complex
Any truck accident, regardless of the seriousness, can be complex. For this reason, you want to hire an attorney with the experience and knowledge to help you come out on top. To help determine liability, your attorney can investigate all of the following details:
- Driving history
- Driving records and logs
- Maintenance records
- Potential violations of state laws
- Past violations of state laws
- Potential manufacturer defects
- Past criminal record
The primary goal of a personal injury lawsuit is to help you receive compensation. You may be compensated for the following:
- Medical expenses, including but not limited to emergency room visits, surgery, hospital care, and follow up treatment
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages in the event that your injuries prevent you from returning to work
- Loss of earning capacity for those who can prove that their ability to earn a living has been affected by the accident
With so many details associated with a truck accident in Madison, it is best to consult with an experienced Madison personal injury attorney who can review your case and help you decide which steps to take.