If you find yourself needing the services of a personal injury attorney in Madison, it is likely that you have been injured in some type of accident.
Rather than hire the first attorney you find online or in the phone book, there are steps you should take and questions you should ask before making a final decision.
Here are five key questions that need asked and answered before hiring a Madison personal injury attorney:
1. What is my case worth? Although this can be a difficult question for any attorney to answer, he or she will have a basic idea. If nothing else, your attorney should be able to explain what will determine how much you receive.
2. What is your contingency fee? You cannot expect your attorney to work for free, however, you can expect a reasonable contingency fee. In short, this means that you don’t owe anything unless you receive compensation. If you are awarded money, your attorney is entitled to the agreed upon contingency fee (typically between 25 and 40 percent).
3. Am I responsible for any expenses? You need to know if you will be charged for advanced case costs.
4. How much experience do you have? You want to know that your personal injury attorney has tried similar cases in the past. This will give you peace of mind, knowing that your attorney has what it takes to protect your rights and help you receive the compensation you deserve.
5. Do you have the time in your schedule to work on my case? Some attorneys will take you on as a client, just to put you on the backburner should a more appealing case come around.
Regardless of what is on your mind, feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience. We can answer the above questions, as well as any others you may have. Krueger Hernandez & Thompson SC levels the playing field against large corporations and insurance companies. We are Real Lawyers for Real People.