Were you recently injured in a motor vehicle accident in Baraboo, Wisconsin? If so, you may be in position to recover compensation for your injuries as well as other damages.
While nobody wants to be in this position, it is essential that you know what you should and should not be doing.
At some point, you may have the ability to negotiate directly with the insurance companies handling both sides of the accident. While this may sound like a great idea, you need to take a step back before you start talking.
Insurance companies have one thing in mind: for you to settle the case for the smallest amount of money possible. In other words, they do not have your best interest in mind.
On the surface, it is easy to believe that there are several benefits of negotiating directly with an insurance company:
- You don’t have to spend time finding and hiring an attorney
- You can save money on the cost of attorney fees
- It will be easier to agree to a quick settlement and put this behind you
While these may appear to be benefits, you have to consider what you could be missing out on. The insurance company wants you to settle for the smallest amount of money. If you hire a personal injury attorney, however, you can be rest assured that they will fight for every last dollar that is owed to you.
Benefits of Hiring a Baraboo Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
There is no law saying you have to hire an attorney, but there are benefits of doing so. These include:
- A professional who knows the ins and outs of the local law
- Experience and knowledge, allowing you to fight for the compensation you deserve
- Somebody who can answer all your questions
- Somebody who can represent you, meaning you will never personally communicate with insurance companies
Following an accident, you may be presented with the opportunity to negotiate directly with the insurance company. Before you do this, contact an experienced Baraboo personal injury attorney to discuss your situation and decide what to do next.
You are going to pay attorney fees, but in the long run you will come out on top since your legal professional is skilled at obtaining the largest possible settlement.
Don’t let an insurance company pressure you into accepting an offer you are not comfortable with. Instead, hire an attorney who can protect your rights. Go to KH-Law.net to schedule your FREE consultation.
- What You Need to Know About SECURE Act 2.0 - March 30, 2023
- Show Your Love by Creating an Estate Plan - March 15, 2023
- What Happens When You Don’t Trust Your Trustee – Part II - March 7, 2023