Priority number one is to get the medical treatment you need to improve your level of health. Once you are on track as far as your health is concerned, you may turn your attention to another detail: your legal rights.
While it is possible to learn more about personal injury law by searching the internet, you are best off consulting with an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
If you don’t understand what an attorney brings to the table, here are just a few of the many questions you can expect him or her to answer:
- Do I have a case? In short, you want to know if you are in position to file a lawsuit. If the answer is yes, you can then work with the attorney to move forward in an attempt to collect compensation for injuries and other damages.
- How much money can I recover? This depends on a number of factors, and there is no set dollar amount. However, your attorney can review the details of your case and give you a basic idea of what to expect.
- What should I do moving forward? You may feel helpless at some point, as you have been injured in an accident but don’t really know if you are going to receive compensation. Let your attorney give your clear instructions on what you should and should not be dong.
- Will you communicate with others on my behalf? This is a question you should ask early on. You want an attorney who will take control, which means communicating with others, such as insurance companies, so you don’t have to.
It doesn’t matter what questions are weighing you down, if you were injured in an accident you can be rest assured that an attorney will be able to provide you with professional advice and guidance.
If you find yourself in this position, we are here to help. Contact us for a consultation. We are sure to address all your questions in a clear and concise manner.
- Spring Summit 2022: Celebrating Friendship in the Lone Star State - June 15, 2022
- What Makes a Will or Trust Invalid - June 2, 2022
- How Estate Planning Documents Help Prevent Elder Abuse - May 26, 2022