While most truck drivers do their best to remain safe at all times, there are some who act in a negligent manner. As a result, they cause an accident that injures or kills another party.
If you have never been involved in a truck accident, it is safe to assume you may not know much about this. To clear the air, here are answers to some of the most frequently asked truck accident questions:
1. Why do truck accidents often times cause more injury? The answer to this question is simple: a truck is much larger than a passenger vehicle, sometimes weighing in at 80,000 pounds or more. The size difference alone shows why a collision between a truck and passenger vehicle can lead to so much damage, as well as injuries and fatalities.
2. What are the common reasons why a truck accident occurs? No two truck accidents are the same, however, there are common causes including: distracted driving, speeding, failure to maintain the truck, and driving while fatigued.
3. Who can the victim sue in a truck accident? There is no easy way to answer this question, being that every accident is unique. Most of the time, it is the truck driver and/or the trucking company that is held legally liable.
Do you have more Questions?
If you have been involved in a truck accident, your life will be turned upside down. In addition to your injuries, you will likely be faced with a set of financial challenges, such as mounting medical bills.
You should never assume that you are unable to file a lawsuit as a means of receiving compensation. Instead, you should consult with a personal injury attorney who can review your case and answer your questions.
Over the years, we have helped many truck accident victims recover compensation and reclaim control of their life. If you need any assistance, reach out today. We are here to help.
- Spring Summit 2022: Celebrating Friendship in the Lone Star State - June 15, 2022
- What Makes a Will or Trust Invalid - June 2, 2022
- How Estate Planning Documents Help Prevent Elder Abuse - May 26, 2022