A truck accident can happen for many reasons. With more trucks on the road than ever before, the number of accidents between trucks and cars continues to increase.
As a driver, you understand the importance of sharing the road with trucks. You also realize that one mistake by a trucker can cause an accident that results in serious injury or death.
Here are some of the most common reasons for truck accidents:
- Driver error. Trucks are big vehicles. For this reason, if a trucker makes a mistake, such as speeding during a rain storm, there is a greater chance of an accident.
- Failure to obey the rules of the road. If you have spent any time on the highway, you know that truck drivers don’t always follow the law. Some drivers speed. Others change lanes without signaling. And that is just a couple examples.
- Truck equipment failure. This is a common cause of trucking accidents, but one that many people don’t think about. Truck drivers have the responsibility of keeping their vehicle in good working condition. If they don’t, it could lead to an accident.
- Weather conditions. From rain to snow to high wind, there are many conditions that can have a negative impact on truck safety. During severe weather, truck drivers should slow down.
- Too much time on the road without taking a break. There are laws in place to ensure that truckers don’t drive too many hours without resting. Even so, some break the law because they are on a tight deadline. Drowsy driving is a top cause of truck accidents.
These are just a few of the many reasons why truck accidents happen. Not every accident ends in injury or death, but many do. If you or a loved one is involved in such an accident, contact us to learn more about your rights.
- How Estate Planning for a Family May Trap the Unwary Practitioner - September 21, 2022
- What Everyone Should Know about the New FDIC Regulations - September 13, 2022
- The Inflation Reduction Act - September 8, 2022