1. Experience. I have been representing injured victims and their families since shortly after the Vaccine Injury Program began in 1986. We have helped hundreds of people and families recover millions of dollars in compensation.
2. A variety of clients. We do not discriminate because of the age of the vaccine recipient. We represent children and their families as well as adults who have been injured or died because of adverse reactions to vaccines around the country as well as Central America.
3. Teamwork. Together with Renee Nehring, with more than 20 years of experience, and our other legal assistants, we are able to divide and conquer the work load in these cases to obtain optimum results.
4. Variety of vaccines. We do not limit our practice, as some firms do, to injuries from one or two vaccines. We represent children and adults injured and/or killed from all vaccines covered by the Vaccine Program. We have had cases for adults as well as children injured and/or died from DtAP, MMR, flu vaccine, HPV and Tetanus.
5. Expert witnesses. We have a strong relationship with expert witnesses as well as a network of professionals that helps us quickly locate, consult and retain all necessary and most appropriate expert witnesses in a prompt and cost-efficient manner. Most cases require expert witnesses to prepare reports and testify at hearings. We have worked closely with a variety of experts and have a network of contact information to assist in locating the necessary experts.
6. Prompt service and results. With the efficient use of technology and teamwork we promptly retrieve all necessary medical records and documentation to support our client’s claim, retain all necessary and appropriate experts and, whenever possible, resolve cases without the need of unnecessary trials, expense and delay. As an example, we were able to help a client get a six figure settlement in approximately 11 months from the time we filed our Petition until they actually received their compensation check.
7. Knowledge. We have a working knowledge of the technical procedures required to file vaccine injury claims so that all cases are processed promptly and efficiently. I am one of the few attorneys in the country licensed to practice these types of cases in the U.S. Court of Claims.
8. Relationship with the Court and attorneys who represent the government. We have established and continue to foster a sound, professional and cordial working relationship with both the court personnel as well as the attorneys who represent the Department of Health and Human Services who are involved in these cases to make sure that the fund is protected and only pays out damages to those entitled. Our relationship allows us to expedite cases and not waste time both procedurally as well as on legal issues that sometimes slow down cases. Our relationship allows us the best opportunity to quickly move your case along to obtain maximum benefit to you.
9. Technology. We maintain as well as upgrade all communication systems to assure the most efficient and prompt manner of communicating with the Court, our clients, the opposition as well as expert witnesses for the prompt and efficient prosecution of claims. We electronically file with the Court all documents allowed so that no time is wasted in processing our client’s claim. We communicate via the highest speed internet, Skype, video conferencing, telephone, fax and, yes, when only necessary, the U.S. mail. If needed, we will travel to meet with our client, experts, appear at hearings and investigate our claims all at no cost or financial risk to the client.
9. Determination. We take difficult cases as well as the not so complicated. We leave no “stone unturned” and do not shy away from the complicated cases. As an example, in one case we took it to the court just below the highest Court in the land, The U.S. Supreme Court. The case involved a timing issue and the result was that our client, although their child was seriously injured, was not entitled to compensation due to a “technicality.” We felt so strongly for the client and wanted to help so much that, even when the law was “stacked against us”, we continued to press forward as far as possible. The case took years and thousands of hours of work without any compensation. Although we did not prevail our client did not owe any money for fees and costs. Currently, we are in a cutting edge case involving the HPV (Gardasil) vaccination in which we had to search far and wide to obtain expert witnesses, qualified and experienced, willing to help us prosecute our claim even though they live outside the United States. We are determined and will fight for our clients.
10. Care. Our firm’s motto is “We care, we listen, we get results.” Vaccine cases are no different. All of our clients are treated as people and we strive to treat all of them as they want to and deserve to be treated. There are firms around the country with more vaccine cases but we are confident that there is no firm in the country who cares more for their clients and treats them with more respect than we do.
11. Offices. We have two offices in Wisconsin, one in Madison and another about an hour north in Baraboo. We have an office in Chicago and New York City to help clients in those areas who want a face-to-face, in office meeting. Again, if we cannot meet in person in any of our offices we will come to you at no cost to you.
12. Legal Information. As a client of our firm you will continuously receive from us updated legal information on both developments in vaccine litigation as well as other areas of the law. You will receive regular monthly newsletters as well as blogs and special announcements about vaccine related matters as well as other legal issues that can help you, your family, friends or loved ones. This regular information is provided at no cost to you. We only ask that you take advantage of this free information. In addition, this information is provided both while you are our client as well as after your case is closed. The information can be forwarded to you by e-mail or mail depending upon your preference.